The latest on the book release event and auction for Emilie.
We’ve added a ton of stuff to tomorrow night’s live auction to benefit the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund as part of the Book Release Event for the 2013 Newberg Report Bound Edition.
Here’s the list at the moment:
- Autographed Adrian Beltre baseball (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Autographed Nolan Ryan baseball (courtesy of Corey Smith)
- Autographed Pudge Rodriguez baseball (courtesy of Keeli Garza)
- Autographed Rafael Palmeiro baseball (courtesy of Keeli Garza)
- Autographed Gaylord Perry baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Fergie Jenkins baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Jeff Burroughs baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Hank Blalock baseball (courtesy of Autographs Ink)
- Autographed Kenny Rogers baseball (courtesy of Greg Holland)
- Autographed Orange Bowman Chrome Kellin Deglan baseball card, # 14/25 (courtesy of the Deglan family)
- Framed original Yu Darvish drawing (courtesy of local artist Pat Payton)
- Full catered dinner for 40 people from Cane Rosso's mobile oven -- appetizers, salads, pizza and desserts (value $1000) (courtesy of Jay Jerrier)
- Giant canvas 2010 World Series ticket autographed by Jon Daniels, Thad Levine, Josh Boyd, Don Welke (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Mickey Mantle/Joe DiMaggio signed photograph (courtesy of Caleb Davis of Davis Auctioneers)
- Private dinner with Baseball Prospectus staff on April 20, ticket to BP's April 21 event at Rangers Ballpark, a copy of the BP2013 annual, a one-year BP subscription, & a personalized Rangers replica jersey of your choice (courtesy of Joe Hamrahi)
- Game-used lineup card from Frisco RoughRiders’ inaugural 2003 season, signed by entire team (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Opportunity to hang out with Ben & Skin during the airing of their 9-noon show on ESPN 103.3 FM (courtesy of Ben Rogers and Jeff “Skin” Wade)
- Opportunity to hang out with Galloway & Company during the airing of their 3-6pm show on ESPN 103.3 FM (courtesy of Matt Mosley)
- Opportunity to hang out with Emily Jones for an "all-access, behind-the-scenes experience" at a Rangers home game (courtesy of Emily Jones)
- Opportunity to hang out at taping of DFW SportsBeat with host Brady Tinker and Everson Walls (courtesy of Brady Tinker)
- Dallas Stars home jersey, autographed by Joe Nieuwendyk, Marty Turco, Gerald Diduck, and Bob Bassen (courtesy of Dallas Stars)
- Four tickets to a mutually agreed-on Sunday Rangers game, plus a half-inning on the P.A. system for a child (courtesy of Chuck Morgan)
- Autographed Jurickson Profar Pro-model bat (courtesy of Allen Cordrey)
- Approximately 20 autographed Topps baseball cards donated by Connecticut native Mike Olt
- Autographed game-used bat donated by Mike Olt
- Autographed new bat donated by Mike Olt
- Autographed game-used infield glove donated by Mike Olt
All proceeds from the auction will go toward our collection of donations for the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund.
Other things to know:
- The party is at the Arlington location of Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub & Grill, at 254 Lincoln Square, a few blocks west of Rangers Ballpark.
- The autograph line will get moving at 6:00 pm, but you can arrive earlier if you’d like. We’ll plan to be at Sherlock’s until 9:00 pm.
- There will be a set-up when you arrive where you can donate to the Memorial Fund and can buy Newberg Report Bound Editions (I’ll have the 2013, 2012, and 2011 books on hand, and will ship any other editions to you at my cost).
- Again, though, while we’ve required the purchase of a Bound Edition in past years in order to get autographs, that is not necessary this year. I’d rather you donate to the Memorial Fund first, and then if you want I’m certainly happy to sell you a book.
- You can bring your own stuff to get autographed, but please limit it to two autographs per baseball guest as you go through the line.
- At 7:30 we’ll take a break from autographs so Luther and Caleb Davis of Davis Auctioneers can conduct the live auction. Autographs will resume after that.
- Throughout the evening, Ben Rogers of ESPN 103.3 FM will emcee things, which will include interviews with our guests, Rangers minor league outfielder Preston Beck (a product of Bishop Lynch High School and UTA), Senior Special Assistant to the GM Don Welke, and International Scouting Director Mike Daly.
- Once the autograph line subsides, we’ll open up the floor for a Q&A/roundtable discussion.
- As I mentioned last night, if you can’t make it to the event and want to contribute to the Memorial Fund, you can go to Adam’s LoneStarBall website and do so. You can also contribute through Joey’s Baseball Time in Arlington site.
- Don’t hesitate to bring your kids, especially this year. The room will be non-smoking.
- As Ben just notedon Twitter, this thing is “snowballing into something very special.” Thanks to everyone who has stepped up in such a huge way today to turn this event into what it’s going to be. I’m honored to be part of it.
Emilie Parker Fund / AP